It was a trip my sister and I went on to celebrate her birthday in June and act like big kids during a very long day at Disneyland. Sadly, we decided to only bring one camera with us around Disney, and it wasn't mine, so I don't have any pictures of us in the park, but I'll work on getting them from my sister soon.We left on a Thursday night after a full day of work and arrived in LA around 11pm. Brooke picked us up in the airport and we didn't stop talking until 2am and I forced everyone to go to bed, because A) I had been up since 5am Thursday and B) We were getting up at 7am Friday to go to Disneyland!
Like I said, I'll work on getting pictures from the park from Lisa and get them posted. We spent all day in Disney and used the long lines to continue the non-stop gab fest. I have to say it was my best Disney experience to date. Going with someone that lives 20min away from the park, let me tell ya, they know how to work the system of those fast-pass thingys and when to go on which rides. AND if you go to the park anytime soon, it is SO worth paying for a locker to keep your junk in and only carry the minimal amount of belongings with you. Ok, enough about something I have no pictures of.
When we weren't at Disney, we were relaxing in the sun, getting SO burned (we all peeled for weeks afterwards... hello skin cancer) and yes, continued to talk.
Here is a lovely photo of Brooke all dressed up to walk the, oh 20-30 feet or so it takes to get to the beach outside her cute little house. She lives in Long Beach right across from the Naples area in CA... I hope that information is correct.
Brooke's family room. So wonderfully patriotic with red, white, and blue color scheme. It's very fitting.
Here are Lisa and Brooke bathing in the wonderful rays of California sun. This is where we all got burned to a crisp. Aloe and Advil were our best friends for the rest of the trip and several days after as well. We were all so mad at ourselves for being so stupid. It is obvious we were pasty white... my excuse is I just wanted some color so I didn't look so sickly and ghostly white. I don't get much sun exposure from inside the OR.
If you look really closely, you can see the lifeguards that are in the background. Totally reminded me of Baywatch, but funny thing, they didn't go running across the beach in slow motion with their orange floating devices while we were there. Oh well.
So we also had a day full of shopping and food adventures. Brooke took us out to Indian food for dinner one night and Greek food, where Sammy joined us, the next night. All in all, it was a fantastic trip and it all went by way to quickly. We were exhausted by the end of it all, and at risk of Brooke hating me for years to come, I have to post this pic to show just how tired we all were...
No comments:
Post a Comment