Merry Christmas Everyone!Chrissy and I are SO excited for Christmas this year, and we took advantage of my day off to go on an adventure and decorate for the holidays. It turned into an all day affair, but the results (and mess we made to get the results) were well worth it! We had such a fun day and here are pictures of our hard work:)
We started out shopping for just a few more ornaments here and there, but didn't have much luck. It's a good thing our tree is kind of a mini so it doesn't look too bare. The first decision we had to make was should we just go to a lot? OR do we go on an adventure and cut the tree down ourselves!?! We decided on adventure. I had been out to Helvetia with my family to get a tree a few years prior and that isn't too far away, so we headed in that direction. Sadly, the lot I had been to before was CLOSED! But there was another one just down the street, with a sign up a rough (ok not really, it was paved but not really with loose gravel on top) road that was a dead end and the sign wasn't clear if they were open or not. But Chrissy made me drive, and good thing we did because it was GORGEOUS there and the people were SO nice to us:)

We got a little chuckle from the cute old man that was there to greet us when we said we were interested in cutting down our own tree. Needless to say, we continued on our mission and followed the sign that said "to trees". It was a great selection, really no ugly trees in sight, but this is the tree that won our hearts, and then we chopped it down.


I will spare you all the details of how hard we worked to get all of our decorations up and looking marvelous. It is safe to say we were glad there were no engineering minds near by to critique the method of our ways! In the end, you will see our work paid off! Here are the highlights of the little Christmas scenes that are here and there in our apartment.



Here we have the tree with a flash, the tree and garland trying to give you an idea of the warm glow in a photo but not quite getting it, and my new nativity from mom that is similar to the one I grew up with. I LOVE IT! And it fits perfect right on the center of the hearth over our fireplace.
All of this is lovely in our little family room
but it is so fun to have up! I couldn't help myself and the Christmas cheer extends into our dining room. It's really not hard to have a huge Christmas impact with decorations when you live in such a small space:) Sorry if these are too dark...

Well there you have it! Hope you all are having a Merry Christmas so far! Now that I'm decorated, I have to start shopping. I don't wanna! Christmas shoppers aren't happy people :( Well I hope to see some or most of you during Christmas time, but if it doesn't happen, I hope you are all doing well!
No comments:
Post a Comment