Instead of having to stick to the garden map that my Mom used to make with the kids, we got to rearrange where we planted stuff and it didn't take us 5 hours to plant the garden either. So although it's been about 10 years since we have planted the garden without the help from mom's class, I think it will turn out well:)
Dad was already started by the time we arrived and had the pumpkins already planted.

Here I am helping with the carrots. I did better with these than those horribly small snapdragon seeds. They were so impossibly small that even with my best efforts trying to scatter them, I ended up just dumping them and hoping that the wind will scatter them to their proper places:) So we thought that having us plant the garden the rows may come out straight this year and it won't look exactly like 2nd graders planted it, but apparently with me on hand spreading seeds it will still be a surprise to see where things grow!

And here is the finished product! Our Japanese Maples are getting bigger and bigger and prettier every year, but they are creating large shading problems this year. Those new houses built right next door don't help any either. The garden still grows, just not quite to the extent it did in the good ol days when there were no houses next door and the trees were smaller.
No comments:
Post a Comment