Thursday, May 6, 2010

I Said YES!

The Set Up:
Steve "I thought we could do something with just the two of us for your birthday. The beach would be fun (what I had suggested) but what do you think about making a trip up to Duncan Creek?" (I had mentioned before that SOMEDAY I wanted to go explore around up there since I have a picture framed in my family room of that creek)
Me: Oh ok, that sounds super.








The Day:
It was cloudy, occasional sprinkles. Exactly the weather we both enjoy in Oregon.



The Proposal:
We had been exploring around for a while at the creek taking pictures. Once we had made our way up the creek a ways, we took a few pictures with the self timer and and a tri-pod made out of a log. Steve said "I just want to try one more just to make sure we get a good picture" Turns out that last picture is a series of pictures of him proposing. I can only bring myself to post the first as the 2nd and 3rd I am sporting the "ugly cry" face.





After:
We stopped at Multnomah Falls on the way home for some lunch and did a little exploring, until the mist from the Falls combined with the heavy rainfall drove us inside to get dry and warm.



5 comments:

MaryEleanor said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Don't you think you should have taken a little more time to get to know each other better!!!!

Carrots (sic) finally came up.

Is there a date or should we keep reading this blog?

Love Mom and Dad

Dan said...

congrats little bro

Christine said...

There is no date yet. We are meeting with a pastor from my church tomorrow to try to figure out that detail. Hopefully something will work out for late summer time.
I hope you had fun in Europe! Hopefully we can hear about it soon :)

And Dan...thanks! Hope all is well with you and the rest of the family.

SheaLuna said...

Congrats Little Brother and Almost Sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll have to give me LOTS of warning so I can save some money for a plane ticket. :-)

Charline said...

Double Congratualtions!!!!!

We got your good and long awaited
for news from Granny.
Have marked two possible dates on my calendar--don't want to miss your big day!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love Uncle Alvin and Aunt Charline