We finally got to go to Hawaii for our delayed honeymoon! Here are a few pics showing some of the rain, fun and sun we enjoyed during the trip!

I was excited that my chain link countdown that started out with 120 links, was down to only 4!

The View from our hotel room in Waikiki

The view out to the USS Missouri (left) and the memorial for the USS Arizona

Steve taking a moment to pose for the camera during our self guided tour of the Missouri

Me climbing from done deck to another on the Missouri

We visited the Pacific Aviation Museum on Ford Island. Steve really enjoyed the planes but the most interesting part of the tour to me was seeing these bullet holes that occurred during the attack on Pearl Harbor. They made the whole day at Pearl Harbor, learning the history of the event, MUCH more real.

Taking a moment to take in the views of a beach outside Waikiki on our driving tour of Oahu

Good thing we stopped for a picture earlier, the weather definitely took a turn for the worse and cut our driving tour short. It was raining to hard to be able to see any of the sights :(

Back in Waikiki later that afternoon, the rain had slowed a bit, but it was still cloudy. What can you do?

I know, LEAVE Waikiki and head to Maui! Of course when we leave the sun comes out again.

We made it to Kahana Sunset on Maui and took advantage of the sunny weather for a walk on the beach.

Steve decided to play in the ocean when we got there

The next day we shopped in Kaanapali and Lahaina. Went from sunny....

....to rainy very quickly that day. These two picks were taken about 10 min apart. No question we were there during the rainy season.

Luau night!

Finally the SUN CAME OUT TO STAY!!!! The rain kept us from playing in the ocean for the first part of our time on Maui because all the rain caused roads to close, flash flooding and sewer drains were overflowing resulting in coastal water advisory. Meaning stay out of the ocean or risk getting sick. But the rains cleared, the ocean went from brown to blue and invited us to go play!

There were 4 of these HUGE turtles swimming around in the cove of our hotel. SO AWESOME! We watched them for a long time and they were only 20 feet away from us. This was the BEST afternoon!

Me swimming in the ocean

The view I had from my suntanning location. Not to shabby.

Sunset from our condo on Maui

Enjoying the sunset in Lahaina waiting for dinner at...

...Cheeseburger in Paradise! YUM

One last picture saying good bye to the hotel.

The last shot before we had to leave and go home :( Love this place

Aloha Hawaii! Until we meet again :)
4 comments:
Oh my gosh we stayed in the exact same hotel on our honeymoon in Waikiki!! Park shore or something?
I love the pics! We went in August and I'm already ready to go back! Someday.
Really? What are the chances? I don't think we'll ever go back to Waikiki or that hotel. We didn't really enjoy the location or room or Waikiki that much. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting. We went for Pearl Harbor and were VERY happy to get to Maui lol. I mean it was good to experience Waikiki I guess, but it isn't our cup of tea. What did you guys think?
I always ask Ben about which he'd go back to. We went to Maui with Luke and it was great. Though he was teething and hated being in the car so it would have been better to just walk around in Waikiki. But the beaches in Maui are better and the water is more fun to play in.
We actually got upgraded from another hotel for park shore. So we thought it was nicer. The rooms were super small but I heard that thy all are on Waikiki since it's so crowded. We stayed at Royal Lahaina in Maui and that was incredible- we figured with Luke we would spend more time in the room so we got a nice place. We almost tried for a condo but since I spend so mug time cooking and doing dishes here I told Ben I want not to cook anything. So we just got snacks/breakfast and ate out.
I really want to try another island someday but Maui is so hard to not go back to :)
I loved Maui! Especially Lahaina. Truly the most magically place. And Cheeseburger in Paradise... NOM! NOM! Glad you guys had a great time. :-)
Post a Comment