Going to the fair most years growing up is a fond memory so when my sister called up asking if Jack and I wanted to go, we were excited to say YES! None of the Dads made it for this trip, but hopefully next year it'll work out. We enjoyed rides then Pronto Pups and fries and onion rings for lunch. For dessert elephant ears were in order and later a scone for a snack. I don't think any of us at dinner that night.
Here's a random sampling of the fun we had.
Jack helped scope out the rides this year, planning which ones he'll want to ride in about 2 years :)
He was disappointed the canoe ride is no longer there.
I LOVED the canoe ride as a kid, and I was so hoping he'd get to go on it too.
Hannah practicing her driving skills
Brayden mastering the challenge course
The Kelly clan looking merry on the merry go round
I was going to maybe take Jack on the Merry go round, but he fell asleep before we got there.
Hannah driving the space ship and Brayden covering their 6!
A little lunch time love. Hannah reaching over to hold Jack's hand.
Grammy giving one of the Clydesdales a little love
Grammy trying to wrangle our little animals while visiting the barns after lunch.
All the kids posing for a picture
We had a great (but exhausting!) day at the fair!!
In other news...
Jack tried rice cereal for the first time.
I think he was curious about this strange new experience, but I think he actually likes the stuff. Just plain ol' rice cereal and milk.
The guy isn't hard to please (unless he's tired, hungry or has gas).
And since I figured SOMEDAY he'll want more than milk and rice, I got a bee up my bonnet to be super mom for a moment and made him some homemade food.
It is cheaper than having to buy it.
I know exactly what is in it.
But it is kind of a time commitment.
I'm hoping to make most of his food, but in reality, this may not be possible and I'll return to regular mom status, just doing the best I can.
Here is what we started with. Well some of it.
If I were really super mom I would have an orchard and grown all this fruit myself...
... but I was perfectly happy harvesting this fruit from Winco.
Cooking, portioning, processing, oh my!
Jack supervising my work. He wasn't really vocal about what foods sounded good though, so we just made a wide variety.
The fruits (and vegetables) of my labor.
Apples, peaches, sweet potato, pear, plum, nectarines, green beans, carrot, banana, peas.
Not looking forward to pureeing chicken someday.
Gross.
However, the store bought pureed chicken sounds even more gross.
Jack is going to be vegan until I can bring myself to make him some protein.
He may be vegan for a while.















No comments:
Post a Comment