Cora Aline Meliza
7/16/16
Born at 7:17pm at 7lbs 5oz and 19.5in long
I had signed up for an elective induction on July 16 because my body was just tired of being pregnant! Well, my body had other plans as I started going into the early early stages of labor before I even got to the hospital. I guess it was time!
We got to the hospital around 11am and were placed in triage. There we waited for about 5 hours for other ladies to deliver and transfer off the floor so we could get a labor room. Well finally around 4:30, we got admitted to labor and delivery. Around 5pm, they broke my water and the waiting game began. I was just up walking around the room trying to get labor to start so I could avoid having to get pitocin. I didn't feel much of anything except for 1 big contraction during that first hour, but then about 6:30ish labor kicked into high gear and didn't let up. With wonderful coaching from my nurse Kris and Dr. Fisher I was able to have a natural delivery!
Below is a photo journal of the day we welcomed Cora to the family and of the week following her arrival home:)
Reading books in Mama's lap, waiting for the call to go to the hospital
Helping make breakfast
We had some left over sparklers from 4th of July.
We decided it would be a fun way to celebrate on the morning of sister's arrival!
Finally landed in labor and delivery, and we had a GREAT view to boot! Too bad labor was so fast so we couldn't enjoy it longer. Our postpartum room view was blocked due to construction!
She's here!
Beautiful sunset on a beautiful day:)
It took big brother a little bit to start warming up to Cora. He wasn't so sure about her in the hospital.
We escaped the hospital at 8:30pm on 7/17/16 under the cover of night! Mama wanted to sleep in her own bed!!
At home Jack has been growing more and more inquisitive and helpful around Cora. We're letting him set the pace and he's doing great with her.
Our first selfie family photo! Didn't get one in the hospital because big brother was just not at ease.
Cora is happy to be home!
Starting to show a little more interest:)
Helping Daddy carry Cora over to Mama.
Bath time!





























No comments:
Post a Comment