Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Belated Mother's Day Celebration

For Mother's Day this year, Mama wanted to have an overnight trip with her girls. So after much deliberation and careful analysis of 3 different calendar schedules we were miraculously able to find a night to get away and have a girls weekend! Off to Cannon Beach we went :)

It just so happens that the weekend we were there was the Annual Sandcastle competition. I had never been to be able to see it in person, so it was kind of fun to see how the heck they are able to create what they do. So although we had many more fun things happen during our little vacation, I am dedicating this entry to the sandcastle masters and giving you a little glimpse of what we saw. We were on the beach a couple hours before the final judging, so none of the pictures are of the final masterpieces, but I think they are still quite in impressive.

Here is a view down the line of competitors.



A castle with a modern twist?


Crater Lake:) I wish I had seen that one finished!

I am pretty darn sure this one was going to turn into a train. I never knew that it took some seriously constructed molds with very packed down sand to build these creations... they have much more dedication that I do for sand castle building.

The kids section! Adorable is all I have to say.

The "Master" class sandcastle builders.

The beach became a parking lot! I'd never seen that happen before here in Cannon, but I'm glad they let people park there because parking in town was a MESS!

No comments: