Wednesday, July 7, 2010

See My Garden Grow

So I'm SLOWLY getting my yard pulled together amidst wedding frenzy stuff. The flowers out front are disappointing me as they aren't getting enough sun to grow very fast. I need them beautiful by Aug 28th please :) But it appears that my first attempt at a garden in my little home here is a success, thanks in great part to Steve working REALLY hard on making the soil nutrient rich. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure nothing would have grown in the dirt I have here. Well here is just a little sampling of what I have going around this place.









Can't wait to harvest all this goodness :) So proud of myself! And THRILLED that there are hardly any weeds so far, in the garden, elsewhere, it's another story. Stay tuned for more!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

what are the veggies in the ground??

The sugar peas (?) look good!!

Cassie

Christine said...

I have sugar peas which are doing REALLY well, corn, spinach, green onion, carrots, pumpkins, zucchini, tomato, zinnias, and dahlias. I wish my flowers were growing better in the garden and out front. But all in all it's a really really successful garden. I think in about a week I'm going to have to get really creative with zucchini when I cook! But it's been fun (except for the watering). I am not a fan. But I already knew that before we planted lol.