Sunday, July 17, 2011

Iron Creek Camping




I requested a mini vacation and I got one! We had our first camping adventure (well 2nd if you count a couple years ago) but our first on our own :) It was a little drizzly, but fun to go someplace new, be outside and pass the hours by watching the fire burn. LOVELY way to spend a weekend.

We found this place searching on line as one of the few people who didn't know you had to make reservations 9 months in advance if you really want to be assured a camping spot. So this place had available spots on line, looked calm and serene and so instead of our coast camping trip like we originally planned (we couldn't be assured we could get out of town early enough to make it to the coast for a walk up spot), we set out on an adventure to some place new. It was gorgeous there but we both kind of missed the water aspect. There was a river close by, but nothing you could just sit and look at. Anyhow, here's a summary :)



This was our little slice of heaven for the weekend.


First night, enjoying a s'more.

Camping breakfasts are the best. Here is a little egg hash I whipped up.

The picture is a little dark, but everything was so LUSH and green. (The seemingly never distant rain drops were a great clue as to why this forest stayed so green.)

Kind of an artsy shot. Kind of.

Some pretty flowers we came upon on our walk about the campground.

Steve and Penny on the walk.

CANNOT remember the last time I actually roasted my hot dog over the fire. It was a tasty lunch after a drizzly morning.

SO MUCH to explore and see. Penny had bouts of serious exploration followed by long periods of serious napping.

Checking each other out by the camp fire.

At least I was DRY! Can't blame Steve for putting in his vote to pack up one day early since this was what he had to look at ...he he he. But I reiterate, I WAS DRY!

Camp is all packed up and we're ready to go home. Thanks Iron Creek for a peaceful weekend and mini adventure away from P-town.

No comments: