What a FAST first year, but a GREAT first year of marriage. Lots has happened in this first year: Steve accepted a job at Intel, he got to move home, we traveled to Hawaii in Jan for our Honeymoon, adopted our Penny girl who was a JOY for 3 months until we sadly lost her too soon, built a new shed, will soon paint the house and just barely before our first year mark finally got our act together to join bank accounts to embark on our Dave Ramsey marathon! Whew! What a list and what a year. So thankful for all our blessings and our first year of wonderful memories as "marrieds."
We spent the day pressure washing the house getting it ready to paint next weekend. I'm so excited to have a pretty house rather than a yellow one. Endless projects but it's fun to get to see what we can accomplish together. Although, truth be told, I usually come up with the ideas and Steve usually does the work (shed, windows, painting the house)... What a guy!
Intel gave Steve's group quite a thank you for a job well done at work and we were able to use it to treat ourselves to a DELISH dinner at the Portland City Grill to celebrate our 1st anniversary.
Part of the deal getting our cake at Helen Bernhard's Bakery was for our first anniversary they re-create the top layer of your cake for you so you don't try to eat freezer burned year old cake. And it was free too! Well, I like to say it was, however Steve reminds me that we paid for it in the cost of the original cake.
Steve, obviously thrilled that I am taking his picture. I just wanted to document our first anniversary!
Yum, yum. Can't wait to see what year 2 brings!
PS: here is the SHED UPDATE:
No comments:
Post a Comment