Saturday, July 14, 2012

Summer Days

None of this is exciting, I don't think. Just thought I'd share a couple summertime happenings as of late. Below are some munchies I whipped up for a little get together.
I love munchies. They are my favorite meal.


 
 This is my new addiction. Raw tomatoes have never made me drool. Sure I enjoy them on a sandwich or burger, but never alone. 
This Bruschetta... I have no words. I could eat it every day for the rest of the summer and be 100% satisfied. Fresh. Refreshing. Flavorful. 
I'll stop to spare you boredom. I altered this recipe 

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2012/01/bruschetta/

from The Pioneer Woman (another new blog I ADORE). I couldn't find yellow tomatoes so I used about a 1/2 yellow pepper instead and used slightly less balsamic and cut the tomatoes smaller. Make this. You will like it. 
It's pretty, too.
And healthy. 
And yummy. 

Oh, right, I said earlier I would stop to spare you from boredom. Are you really bored now? sorry. 

Just go make some already.

 I also made this fun Peanut Butter ball. ( http://bunsinmyoven.com/2012/01/26/peanut-butter-cheese-ball/)  It was cute, I thought, and a different dessert than usual. I found it on Pinterest and it was tasty, but I cannot gush about it like I can the Bruschetta.


The dog days of summer. 
 Sorry about the garbage shot, kind of gross. No, really gross. But she is always underfoot in the kitchen.
 See? Maybe it's because the floor is cool.
Or she just likes to be close. 
 Which she does. She makes an excellent foot rest on a lazy Saturday.
 Mama, will you please pet me and give me some lovin'?
 Puh-leeeeeeease Mama!!!!! I just can't say no to that face. I love her.



Fresh summer food.
 My herbs, are excellent this year. My dill didn't die off which makes me SO happy. I love dill and when it died last year, it was just a terrible day. This year my basil is the one dying off and it angers me. I love the basil and nurture it, I have 3 plants I love it so much, and all 3 are just not growing, small shriveled things no matter what I do. The basil and I have been fighting all summer. I still have hope, but I expected more from my basil.
 Still, my other herbs are glorious. For instance this warm potato salad with fresh parsley, dill and chives is one of my favorites. Just throw in a a little EVOO, butter and garlic salt and done. I even microwave the potatoes to make it that much easier.
 Easy peezy dinner. Breaded cod from Costco is marvelous.
 More strawberries...
 ...in milkshakes this time. Yum.



 Little ones.
 They make me happy.
 And make me laugh with their silly faces at Auntie.
Oh there's that smile. 

Happy summer. 
I should really post garden pictures as that is growing nicely too. Next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom and I are ready to come over for munchies!
Pamela