Tuesday, January 1, 2013

So Long 2012. Hello 2013.

Happy New Year!

I am very glad I have this blog. Looking back on 2012, I was AMAZED at how much happened this year. I seem to always lack an answer for the question "What have you guys been up to lately?"
Well here is the answer for the whole year. 
In no particular order, here is the list of accomplishments for 2012.

 New creative work station. 
It looks different now that I have moved into it, I just haven't updated the photo.

 Our new niece Hannah born on Easter! 
She sometimes still cries when I walk in the room, but as soon as mama Lisa leaves, we get along just great :) 
Don't we Hannah banana?

A new workbench.
Another example of Steve's crafty hand. Using our garage has been a much happier experience since this installation. 

New patio.
 I totally forgot about these next 2 projects as being 2012 projects. We installed these pavers to expand the back patio. They add a bit of character and just enough space to make things more comfortable. 

New paint.
 As soon as that green paint went on the wall I knew it was too much. It took me 4 years but I finally decided to change it to grey (as well as the master bathroom too). I LOVE the color and it just matches the rest of the house better. 
Oh and I did it all by myself! 

 New traditions.
We almost missed the Strawberries this year. But you pick is THE WAY to go. I have never had Strawberry jam taste as good as ours this year. I am convinced it was the quality of berry you get from "you pick."

 New hair do.
I sent a foot of hair off to be made into a wig for someone who needs it. I am loving the short hair actually but I am considering growing it out again. My hair grows like a weed so it wouldn't take long to grow enough to donate again. We'll see. 

 New hardwood floors.
Well, Bailey has "worn in" the new floors. Thankful for an amazing finish on them that masks her marks. I think this is our best "new" addition in 2012. Fewer allergies, much easier to clean and just plain pretty.

 New memories.
This was from a fun trip to the zoo but there were LOTS of birthdays and holidays where fun times were had with family and friends. 

 New camera. 
This is one of my favorite shots even though it reveals many opportunities for improvements. 

 New puppy dog. 
Bailey actually joined our family back in February. But she just turned 1 on Dec 23rd. 
She celebrated with peanut butter and indulging her human mama for one photo. 
Well, one photo of about 20 that turn out. She squirms with antlers on her head.

 Looking forward to 2013...
... To practice photography skills.
Some pictures still turn out blurry. But you can still see the "snow falling on the forest" effect, right?
(I really want snow this year.)


 ...to stay motivated  on our debt snowball. We're 32% of the way there on our last "snowball"!

... to explore more of yoga. I think I may actually stick with it. I love the stretch and getting a workout before realizing I'm sweating.

 ... to focus on my blessings

... to explore creative outlets !

Hope you had a super 2012! Here's to a super-DUPER 2013

No comments: