Thursday, June 20, 2013

June News

There has been lots happening around here lately.... Here's the recap!


Blueberry transplants! We dug up these HUGE blueberry plants from my Grandparent's yard. 
Here are Steve and Dad getting ready to unload one of these 2 bushes for my parents. 

We are hoping that the one bush will be happy making it's new home here. 

Maybe I should call it a blueberry tree instead.

There she is! She is doing well so far. I've trimmed her up a bit and kept her watered well. 
This is THE WORST time to transplant, I know. 
Circumstances as they were, we had to harvest now or never. 
Don't know if any of the berries will be worth anything this year, but I hope that the plant will thrive in the future and want to produce the yummy berries for us that it has in the past :)

It's 4th of July around here already. 
In the past it is always a one day or maximum 1 week event. I just never decorate until the day of, and then it's done. 
This year I have determined to change that. 
So the flags are out people!
Stay tune for more Independence Day later in the post. 

A spot of color on the back patio. 

The herb garden. 
We've got lavendar, basil, chives, rosemary, thyme, parsley, cilantro, green onions and carrots
all growing in this cute little garden. 

Another spot of color in the back yard. 
Aren't these cute containers?
I love them. 
They (the other one is in the herb garden picture and is growing nasturtiums) are Happy Birthday to me presents from my parents. 
I adore them. 
My parents and the containers :)

The garden this year. Peas, romaine, brussel sprouts, beans.

The other garden bed with zucchini, broccoli, tomatoes and corn. 
And there is Bailey, grazing. 
She loves to graze. 

The roses. 
I'd love a 3rd plant in this grouping. 
Two just isn't right, it needs three. 
I think pink.

Here's the mantle all gussied up. 

The little birdie with her star spangled arch.

And the twigs got some sparkle too. 

I used a bunch of my scrap fabric to make some bunting (I think that is what the crafty people on Pinterest call it). 
I love making something festive from scraps. 
And FREE is my FAVORITE price.

Steve was pleased to be reminded of where he lived when he discovered this sign after work. 
Just in case he forgets his house number or what country he lives in. 
I like to help him out with little reminders. 

Well that is what is happening on the home front. 
And on the work front...
 
Christine is saying goodbye to heart surgery
 





and hello to pediatric surgery

It was time for a change! 
I'll be starting July 29th :)

Happy beginning of summer to you all!



No comments: