Another Meliza Family Camp is in the books.
This time we were north of Carson, WA.
More importantly, this time, there was NO RAIN!
Camping is SO much easier when it's not raining, so thank you Washington for the beautiful weather!
Here's the camp site.
Another view.
Of course much time was spent sitting around the fire, watching the logs burn.
Summer's version of the yule log.
We look a little drive up to see the actual falls and had an opportunity to practice some photography.
Not perfect, but I think some shots came out ok.
Bea-uti-ful.
Some of the group taking it all in.
The bottom of the falls.
So much to look at!
Making the walk back up the hill.
Something was interesting off to the side.
Ok, now I need to ask for forgiveness as I subject you to pictures of the pup.
But really, what's not to love?
Love her.
The beautiful forest surrounding us.
I spotted a camper through the trees.
Regret #1: I have NO, ZERO, ZILCH photos of myself enjoying camp.
Lesson #1: Hand the camera off to someone else to snap a few. If nothing else but to provide evidence I was actually there.
I think her expression sums up how tired she was after all the excitement over the weekend.
Until next year MFC!
On the way home we stopped by my Aunt and Uncle's for a visit.
Regret #2: Not taking pictures of the gorgeous view/yard/flowers
Lesson #2: When you see something pretty, take a picture!
Guess we'll have to trek up there again this summer for a hike and some photos. I did get to bring a BUNCH of flowers home with me though and now my house smells fabulous and looks more cheery than it has all summer :)
Thanks Aunt Mary and Uncle Ken! We'll try to make it up there for a short hike with our pup.
Here is the bounty we made it home with after our visit.
Happy summer to you all!


















No comments:
Post a Comment