October has been full of activities. Here is a random sampling of what has kept us busy!
Steve graduated from Beaverton's CERT program.
He indulged me and gave me a fashion show modeling all the goodies he was provided at the end of the course.
I don't have any pictures of our finished drain line from the last post, but that project is complete and Steve reported we actually had water making it to the street during the last rain. It's probably been years since that happened.


My October was busy with a lot of volunteer work for Compassion First. There were many many work parties to get all the last minute details in place! I helped mostly on the Silent Auction team wrapping baskets, displaying signs and in the end, setting up the auction.
Here's a picture of the end result :)
The big raffle item of the evening was a trip to Hawaii including airfare.
I was BEYOND shocked when my best friend's little sis WON!
She was sitting right next to me and she was shocked out of her skin, but it'll be a great honeymoon trip after she gets married in July :)
Early reports appear that we earned just under $175,000 that evening!
A great success!
for more info go see
The night before the banquet, we took a girls trip to OSU for Homecoming.
All the dads were out hunting for Elk!
We stopped by our old sorority house and I found my hand print in the hallway:)
Pretty darn good seats at the game.
Sadly, we didn't win.
And it's pumpkin time again.
I always go for the happy pumpkins.
I don't like scary things.
And it's just NOT right to have anything but
Old fashioned donuts and apple juice for breakfast on Halloween.
And Mac n Cheese and hot dogs (kielbasa this year) for dinner.
It's what I've ALWAYS had growing up on Halloween and I just can't break the tradition.
We had some adorable trick-or-treaters stop by too!
A beautiful ballerina

A fireman

Fireman with his fire-dog

And a group shot. Mama Lisa was a pirate at work.
Grandpa was Grandpa, but extra scruffy (from just getting home from Elk camp!)

Stay tuned. We find out this week if we will be
pretty in pink
or boyish in blue.
Any guesses?








No comments:
Post a Comment