I love this place.
After a whirlwind week cleaning up from MFC and working a full week of early mornings, I was READY for a full week off. We both had been so busy we were looking forward to leaving reality behind and relaxing. We still packed in tons of family fun though and it was great to go back to a place that holds SO many childhood memories and enjoying it again with our larger and different family unit. (We've added two extras, as Grammy Faye would say, speaking of Michael and Steve. And there's the two littles too...
Brayden
Grandpa sharing a bowl of cereal.
Hannah
Grandpa teaching Hannah to blow bubbles.
I don't have pictures of Steve or Michael eating cereal or blowing bubbles, so you'll just have to look for their faces later in the post.
THE MEADOW
We took a family walk (almost 3 miles in the end) across the meadow and to the area of the ranch where we stayed when Lisa and I were little. Things look so much smaller now than they did 20 years ago.
Wow.
How am I old enough for something to have happened 20 years ago?
As we crossed the meadow, Bailey saw the cows and did her best to act just like one. Our little pup has a somewhat confused identity here as she munches the grass.
Moooooo, Bailey.
Most of the group hanging by Paulina creek where all the cousins used to spend HOURS playing.
All that excitement wore our little sweetheart out.
Side note: Since we returned home 5 hours ago, the pup has lifted her head a couple times to acknowledge Steve or I leaving or entering a room. Otherwise, it's been the longest nap of her life. I guess she had fun on her first trip to BBR.
HAPPY HOUR
A very pretty margarita at a cute little Mexican restaurant in Sisters. Los Agaves was THE BEST Mexican food I've had since Ponco's burned down. I highly recommend a visit if you find yourself driving through.
This is a pretty beverage my mom introduced to me. Huckleberry vodka, Sprite and ice.
Sooooo refreshing.
And blueberries are good for you too.
So it's a healthy happy hour!
SHOOTING
The teacher
The student
.22LR
I don't know what that means.
But it was a cute little rifle to start my first shooting lesson with.
Yes, I just called a rifle cute.
And yes, again, this is the first time my dad and Steve probably had to endure a photo shoot out at the range.
That is what you get taking a city girl to shoot.
I thought they meant "shoot" photos with my camera! ;)
I didn't do half bad!
Although I think I cheated using the lead sled, I am still proud of myself.
The Big Al
Don't know what he's shooting here.
BEAUTIFUL view from the cinder pit.
See one...
I'm told this is a Kimber. 45 ACP
...Shoot one
Move on to another one.
.308
I'm fairly confident I'm glad I had the sled shooting that one. I should have tried it without, but I think I might have ended up on the ground.
Next time.
BIKE RIDES
Riding around the ranch with Papa.
Another action shot.
BABYSITTING
Here is auntie holding down the fort. Got Hannah in my lap so Mama Lisa can get ready for the day and Bailey is standing by assuring Hannah will not be disturbed.
This is hard work people.
I guarantee I am watching the Today show catching all the Olympic highlights of the morning.
THE POOL
After all that hard work babysitting, I needed some relaxing time at the pool.
Here are Dad and I cooling off in between catching some rays.
Mom and I catching some rays.
Dad and Hannah sitting in the shade watching the rest of the family frolic at the pool. A happy pair they are.
THE OBLIGATORY COUPLE SHOTS
Before date night in sisters.
Antique stores, pizza and Bi-Mart.
lol
Great date night.
After breakfast at the lodge.
Family shot right before we had to end vacation to come home.
RELAXATION
Bare feet with my nose in a book. It's how I spent a great deal of vacation.
It was fabulous.
I'm ready to go back.
Thanks Black Butte for so many wonderful new memories.
If Bailey could rouse herself from her nap she'd say the same.
But we'll just let her keep sleeping.
Signing off, dreaming of the next fun vacation getaway.
Anyone have any ideas?
I'm open to suggestions.



No comments:
Post a Comment