So while we had FUN on our July vacation, we knew when we got home it was going to be time to get down to business with this summer's big project. Two years ago it was window installation. Last year was the shed. This year it's hardwood floors.
Then we'd like to believe we might give ourselves a break from huge summer projects. We'll see.
We returned home from vacation August 3rd. August 4th, operation hardwood floors began.
That weekend we got all the carpet, linoleum, and particle board ripped out. According to the scales at the dump our house was now 1680lbs lighter.
After ripping out the floors we kept hearing water running. I guess our plumbing is the next item on the "to-do" list.
Our old thinning pipes broke through when Steve was snaking them out to fix a clog. Turns out the clog "clears up" real well when water can escape out holes in the bottom of the pipe.
Temporary fix in place, we forged on with the floors.
Getting the first of the boards installed.
Then the first row.
I tried to be a good helper bee! I learned how to use the floor nailer and the chop saw.
Somehow I failed to get a picture of Steve using the nail gun, but he actually did most of the work on that section of floor. I laid out the boards, Dad chopped, Steve nail gunned. Then we'd switch to try to salvage our backs.
We got most of the living room installed. That's the progress so far. We'll keep you updated :)

2 comments:
Is that a piano keyboard pattern that you're nailing down under that picture?
You little devil. The pattern you speak of is NOT in the area I was working on. I'm most certain it was your fault.
Post a Comment